Site: Northmoor Lock Paddocks
Tent, Campervan or Log Pod
To book a pitch at Northmoor Lock Paddocks, please submit a booking request via the ‘Check Pitches’ link below. We will get back to you as soon as possible to confirm availability. Camping fees must then be submitted in full to secure your booking.
Northmoor Lock Paddocks is a small campsite: To prevent overcrowding, when completing your booking request you will need to include the following information:
- The size (stated capacity) of your tent: 2-man, 4-man etc. If you’re not sure what the capacity is, the name of the tent will give you a clue, for example, a Vango 300 is a 3-man tent, a Vango 400 indicates a 4-man tent
- The make and model of 4-man and larger tents – this is important: The size and shape of 4-man and larger tents varies considerably and not all our pitches are able to accommodate them all. For example, a pitch which will accommodate a HiGear Oasis Elite 6 will not be big enough for a Freedom Trail Toco LX 6, whereas the 8-man Coleman Cortes Octagon 8 will fit on the same size pitch as the 5-man Vango Artemis 500. And don’t forget to include the number – the popular Quechua Arpenaz tents from Decathalon range in size from a tiny 2-man tent, through various sizes including the 4-man 4.1, 4.2 up to the 6-man 6.3 and the 8-man 8.4XL model. We will not be able to confirm availability for larger tents without this information. The make and model of your tent is usually written on the tent bag. Please check this before submitting your booking request.
- Last year, some people thought their tents were 4-man but when they arrived on site they were infact 5-man and some were even 6-man XL! This year we therefore need to ask for the make and model of 4-man tents too so as to avoid overcrowding. This is especially important when it comes to groups: 3 x 4-man tents which turn out to be 3 x 6-man tents can quickly overcrowd not only your group area but also neighbouring pitches.
- The make and model of your campervan (Sorry, SWB models only)
- whether you would like to add an extension or awning to your tent or campervan
Bookings for 2018 will open for 4 days from Monday 8th to Thursday 11th January and then from Thursday 25th January.
Want to come with friends?
Many campsites no longer allow groups but as long as the groups who do come don’t cause a problem for other campers we’re happy to welcome them. Having said that, we have found in the past that, inevitably, the larger the group, the more noise they make: This can easily overwhelm individuals, couples, families, and those who have come to relax and unwind and is partly why we now only allow small groups. For us, this means a maximum of 6 pitches, whether this be just tents or a mixture of tents, campervans, log pods and bell tents.
Please do not try to exceed this limit by booking independently – when we discover that more than 6 families have booked in who are clearly part of the same group, either during the booking process or on arrival at the campsite, all the bookings will be cancelled. Camping fees will not be refunded.
Please take the 6 family limit seriously.
It therefore probably goes without saying that if you’re looking for a location for a school year group, noisy birthday, stag or hen party, then this is not the site for you.
Even with a small group, noise levels can rise easily, particularly when gathered around a campfire in the evenings, so we ask you to be aware of this and mindful of others on the campsite, especially after 9pm and before 8am in the morning.
Each family will need to submit their own booking request, agree to the campsite code and pay their pitch fees etc, however, before they do that you’ll want to know if we can accommodate your group as a whole so, here’s how to enquire:
- (1a) Start by completing a booking request for yourself, that way we’ll have all the details for booking your own pitch.
- (1b) When you have completed your own pitch details, you’ll find an option to provisionally reserve/’pencil in’ additional pitches for your friends whether that be a log pod, campervan, furnished bel tent or tent pitch.
- (1c) When you’ve completed this, submit your form. (Please don’t leave the page until you receive a message saying that you booking request as been received, otherwise the information you have entered will be lost and you’ll have to start again. This may take a couple of minutes – please be patient)
- (2) We’ll look at the details for your pitch and the additional pitches you’ve asked us to ‘pencil in’ and confirm with you whether we can accommodate your group.
- (3) If we are able to say ‘yes’ to your group, you then need to ask your friends to visit our website to submit their own booking request. We’ll tie up their requests with the pitches provisionally reserved/’pencilled in’ for them by you so that you can camp close together.
Please note, as we have a general campsite limit on large tents, in order for us to check availability for your group as a whole you’ll need to include the size of each tent (2-man, 3-man, 4-man etc), so please check this with each ‘family’ when you’re discussing your holiday plans. Please also note that we only accept small SWB (short wheel base) campervans, such as the old VW’s or Bongos, not LWB (long wheel base) campervans, conversions or motorhomes.
It’s important that the information you provide at this stage is correct: If you reserve a pitch for your friends and they subsequently submit details for a larger tent or campervan, chances are we won’t be able to accommodate them and that would be a shame.