Tent, Campervan or Log Pod
To book a log pod, campervan or tent pitch at Northmoor Lock Paddocks, please visit our ‘Availability Overview’ page via the link below. From there you will be able to ‘Request a Pitch’. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible to confirm availability. Camping fees must then be submitted in full to secure your booking.
Northmoor Lock Paddocks is a small campsite: We take great care not to overcrowd the site so when completing your booking request you will need to include the following information as appropriate:
- the size (stated capacity) of your tent: 2-man, 4-man etc
- the make and model of 5-man and larger tents
- the make and model of your campervan
- whether you would like to add an extension or awning to your tent or campervan
Want to come with friends?
Many campsites no longer allow groups but as long as the groups who do come don’t cause a problem for other campers we’re happy to welcome them. Having said that, we have found in the past that, inevitably, the larger the group, the more noise they make: This can easily overwhelm individuals, couples, families, and those who have come to relax and unwind and is partly why we now only allow small groups.
It therefore probably goes without saying that if you’re looking for a location for a noisy birthday, stag or hen party, then this is not the site for you!
Even with a small group, noise levels can rise easily, particularly when gathered around a campfire in the evenings, so we ask you to be aware of this and mindful of others on the campsite, especially after 9pm and before 8am in the morning.
Each family will need to submit their own booking request, agree to the campsite code and pay their pitch fees etc, however, before they do that you’ll want to know if we can accommodate your group as a whole so, here’s how to enquire:
- (1a) Start by completing a booking request for yourself, that way we’ll have all the details for booking your own pitch.
- (1b) When you have completed your own pitch details, you’ll find an option to provisionally reserve/’pencil in’ additional pitches for your friends whether that be a log pod, campervan or tent pitch.
- (1c) When you’ve completed this, submit your form.
- (2) We’ll look at the details for your pitch and the additional pitches you’ve asked us to ‘pencil in’ and confirm with you whether we can accommodate your group.
- (3) If we are able to say ‘yes’ to your group, you then need to ask your friends to visit our website to submit their own booking request. We’ll tie up their requests with the pitches provisionally reserved/’pencilled in’ for them by you so that you can camp close together.
Tent pitches – please note
In order for us to check availability for your group as a whole you’ll need to include the size of each tent (2-man, 3-man, 4-man etc), so please check this with each ‘family’ when you’re discussing your holiday plans. Please also note that we only accept small campervans, such as the old VW’s, not motorhomes.
It’s important that the information you provide at this stage is correct: If you reserve a pitch for your friends and they subsequently submit details for a larger tent or campervan, chances are we won’t be able to accommodate them and that would be a shame.
Northmoor Lock – Lower Lock Paddock
Tents and Logpods
The Lower Lock Paddock is the larger of the 2 paddocks with great views of Northmoor Lock and weir. In this open, sunny site, pitches and fire pits are located around the perimeter of the site leaving the centre open for games.
Our 2 Log Pods are usually located in the Lower Lock Paddock.
Northmoor Lock – Upper Lock Paddock
Tents and Campervans
Cross over the lock road to The Upper Lock Paddock.
This site is on two levels. Pitches on this site are located on the lower level amongst the
cricket bat willow trees
With full sunshine on the site from early morning, the trees give some relief from the sun on hot days while the upper level remains in full sunshine. When they reach the right size the trees are harvested to be made into cricket bats. The first trees were cut in October 2013 and a second batch in October 2015. The site was replanted with younger trees in the spring of 2014 and November 2015. The new trees will take 10-15 years to mature before they will be ready for harvesting.
This is the best place to launch canoes or go for a swim.
The upper level of this site is reserved for a few small campervans.